Without cargo insurance, any claim for loss or damage is strictly limited by international treaties, US Federal Laws and the shipment contract as stated on the back of the air waybill.
Amerijet offers an easy and affordable option to have peace of mind: air cargo insurance underwritten by Seven Seas Insurance Company, Inc.
Top reasons to choose Cargo Insurance thru the AmeriJet air waybill program:
- Accidents happen. You have the option to protect your investment by choosing an insured air waybill. In the unfortunate event of a loss, your cargo is protected against all risk of physical loss or damage from any external cause.
- Fast claim resolution. Our experienced staff works hand in hand with Seven Seas Insurance Company to promptly process your claim. A claim submitted with complete documentation to support the loss is settled within 30 days.
- Take advantage of competitive rates. We work hard to secure the best air cargo insurance rates for our customers.
The insurance coverage:
- Coverage commences from the time goods leave the shipper and/or supplier’s place of business and continues in force during the ordinary and customary course of transit to the final destination.
- Cargo is protected against "All Risk" of physical loss or damage from any external cause irrespective of percentage of loss.
- Insurance remains in force for fifteen (15) days after aircraft discharge or delivery, whichever occurs first. Concealed damage must be reported within three (3) days of delivery, excluding weekends and holidays.
Coverage for perishables, flowers and live plants ceases twenty four (24) hours after aircraft discharge or delivery, whichever occurs first.
- There is no deductible.
- Live animals
- Fine artwork, jewelry, and watches
- Currency, precious metals, and bullion
- Vehicles over 10 model years
- Boats over 5 model years
- Used household goods and personal effects without an itemized inventory with values per item
About the underwriter: Seven Seas Insurance Company has been offering cargo insurance since 1967. You can feel comfortable in knowing that Seven Seas Insurance has received an A (Excellent) rating from AM Best, the leading provider of ratings on the worldwide insurance industry.