Rule No.19: Accessorial Services/Special Service Charge
Include, but are not limited to:
ANIMAL CONTAINERS, STALLS AND SUPPLIES The Shipper shall furnish stalls, pens and cages for the transportation of animals. The charge for the transportation of such equipment will be computed on the actual weight of the equipment at the rate applicable to the transportation of the animal, between the points that the animal is being transported. The Shipper shall be responsible for the cost of cleaning and disinfecting of animal stalls, pens and cages, and aircraft. The Shipper shall be responsible for the return transportation of animals, stalls, pens and cages.
AUTOMATED EXPORT SYSTEM (AES) Filing Fee The Carrier will charge a fee when filing the Shipper’s Electronic Export Information (EEI) on behalf of the Shipper. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
CARRIER IMPORT SERVICE CHARGE The Carrier will a fee per Carrier’s Air Waybill for providing assistance and/or facilities in presenting a shipment to Customs for examination, and/or opening or closing packages, if required. In the event Carrier’s Air Waybill includes more than one freight forwarder’s Air Waybill, such charge will be assessed upon each freight forwarder’s Air Waybill. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
CHANGE MADE ON AIR WAYBILL (CCA) A service charge will be assessed for any change to the name of the consignee or other statement on the Air Waybill made necessary by the Shipper’s instructions received after dispatch of consignment from the airport of departure, provided such change is at a variance with or besides the Shipper’s original instructions. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
COURIER FEES Shipper may request courier services to expedite delivery of shipping documentation. The Carrier will charge for these services. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
EXCESS VALUATION CHARGES Refer to Rule No. 17, paragraph B.
FISH PADS The Carrier will charge to supply Fish Pads when transporting fish. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges. (Needs to have a link to Annex A).
FREIGHT COLLECT CHARGE (C.O.D.) Applicable only on shipments to points outside the United States. Collect shipments will be assessed. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges. C.O.D. charges for merchandise are not available.
FUEL SURCHARGE All shipments/consignments are subject to Carrier’s Fuel Surcharge, unless the fee has been included in the Carriers promotional and/or services pricing. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
PBA Fee (Due Agent Fee) When requested by the Shipper, Carrier will collect from the consignee an amount shown on the Air Waybill as Disbursement (charges for transportation, cartage, storage, loading or unloading not performed by the Carrier, Government Duty, Customs Fees and any other charges advanced by the Carrier on behalf of the consignor or consignee.) The Carrier will charge a fee for collecting and remitting the Disbursement to the Shipper. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
PREPARATION/ISSUANCE OF AIR WAYBILL A charge will be assessed by Carrier when requested by the Shipper to issue an Air Waybill on his behalf. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
PROOF OF DELIVERY If requested by the Shipper the Carrier will provide the Shipper with a photocopy of the Air Waybill signed by the consignee. A charge of $10.00 will be assessed for this service.
RESTRICTED ARTICLES/HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/DANGEROUS GOODS The Carrier will add a fee shown as due Carrier on the Air Waybill for transportation of each Restricted Articles Certificate, subject to Hazardous Materials Regulations, CFR 49, Parts171-177, issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
SECURITY FEE All shipments/consignments are subject to Carrier’s Security Fee, unless the fee has been included in the Carriers promotional and/or services pricing. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
SERVICE CHARGE FOR FAX/TELEPHONE NOTICE When requested by the Shipper or consignee to send a fax/telephone notice regarding any matter concerning a shipment, the Carrier will assess the following:
- Local communication $2.50
- Local distance $5.00
- Long distance (within Florida) $5.00
- Long distance (Continental U.S. except Florida) $7.50
- Long distance (International)$10.00
SHIPMENT REQUIRING GOVERNMENT WAIVERS A service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any shipment which required the Carrier to obtain a waiver of government regulations prior to acceptance of the shipment for carriage. The Carrier reserves the right to refuse to obtain such a waiver.
TERMINAL SERVICE CHARGES include, but are not limited to:
- Storage Charges/United States:
- Storage Charges for Imports into the United States and/or Transfers via the United States – Dry Cargo: The Carrier will provided and will charge for dry storage upon request. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
- Storage Charges for Imports into the United States and/or Transfers via the United States – Cold Cargo: The Carrier will provided and will charge for cold storage upon request. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges. (Needs to have a link to Annex A).
- In-bond Shipments: Preparation of Transit Air Cargo Manifest or Immediate Transportation Entry Form (I.E. or I.T.) Carrier will charge $35.00
- Import Service Charge: The Carrier will assess a charge for handling/processing imports shipments. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
- Plant Quarantine (PQ): The Carrier will assess a charge PQ overtime clearance in accordance with the USDA final invoice.
- Arms and Ammunition: The Carrier will charge a special handling fee per shipment for the inspection of arms and ammunitions to ensure properly packing and accuracy of export documentation in according to the law of US Government as well as foreign governments. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
- Pick-up/Delivery Services: When requested by a customer, the Carrier will charge based on estimated quotes. Quoted charges may change if shipment weight and/or dimensions differences occur.
- ULD Demurrage: The Carrier charge demurrage charges after 24 hours. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges. In & Out Fees will be charged for palletized shipments. Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.
Note: Terminal and/or local charges for shipments terminating/originating in international destinations/origins may vary based on origin/destination. For information and/or quotes ref. these charges, please contact the local Amerijet office (Needs link to Amerijet stations). TIE DOWN FEES The Carrier will charge for tie down services when transporting large or shipments of unusual size. Also see Also see Annex A/Accessorial Charges.